Spring is finally in full swing and most of us couldn’t be happier that the sun is shinning and temperatures are heating up. So we just wanted to give you a few friendly reminders of the best ways to take care of your heated gear while it waits for next winter.
WASH & CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Remove battery and connecting cable (select models applied). We recommend spot cleaning with damp cloth or hand wash in cold water with mild detergent; hang dry only. Do not twist the garment to prevent damage to cable. Do not dry clean or bleach.
Glove batteries being charged.
1.) Plug charger into wall power outlet (before plugging battery into charger)
2.) Connect battery(s) into charger
3.) The charger light will turn from red to green once battery(s) is fully charged
*Do not overcharge the battery(s)*
*Reminder: as winter has come to an end (almost for some people) please fully charge your batteries every 3 months. This prolongs the battery life.*
BATTERY CARE (select models)
To prolong the optimal performance of our lithium-ion battery, we recommend the following steps:
- Only use battery charger provided by Venture Heat
- Fully charge the battery prior to first use (battery indicator will turn green). Charging will vary and you should unplug the battery from charger after the battery is charged
- Battery should be charged before storage and at least once every 3 months
- Over time, lithium-ion batteries tend to lose their capacity due to their chemical nature. Erratic charging and heat speed up this degradation. Store in a cool and dry area. Typical battery life spans may range from 2-5 years even with ideal storage conditions and care
- Do not use batteries that are not designed for the specific model (this voids the warranty and may cause damage)
This winter has been pretty brutal throughout most of the United States. Even though we are approaching the end of February, Spring doesn’t seem to be approaching any time soon. Which is why we wanted to provide you with some tips on staying warm, comfortable and maybe even save some money on your bills by replacing your home’s heat with Venture Heat’s heated clothing and gear.
Our heated clothing does more than just keep your adventure going – it allows you to create a personal micro-climate wherever you want and whenever you need it. Which means it doesn’t always have to be worn outside. We have seen and heard that our customers save money on their heat bills during the winter months by the following suggestions:
Wear your Heated Clothing indoors
Heated Base Layer keeps your entire core warm
Have spare batteries to extend the heat
Find all of our spare batteries and accessories here.
Huggie Buddy – Heated Blanket with Sleeves
Heated blanket with sleeves keeps your naturally warm, comfortable and cozy for hours.
Heated Seat Cushion and Back Support
Heated lumbar support cushion will relax your back with deep penetrating heat.
Heat Therapy (Portable and Plug-in)
Univesral Heat Therapy Wrap can be relieved for any pain, stiffness or aches.
Inside every one of our heated apparel products contains the technology to keep you warm for hours on end. Gone are the days of running coils through mazes within the clothing added bulkiness and limited mobility.
We use micro-alloy fibers for heating panels in our 12v Power Sports line, which provide durability, comfort and allows for more electrical current to travel through, thus improving heating efficiency. The micro-alloy fibers are ideal for larger heating surfaces while still being able to withhold a larger power supply – perfect for our 12 volt jackets, vests and pants. The micro-alloy fiber also provides enough strength to reach full heating capacity in under 10 seconds.
As for our battery heated clothing, we use carbon fiber wiring which was initially designed for aerospace applications. The carbon fiber wiring is great for smaller areas with a slightly less power supply (7 volts for our batteries) but is still flexible enough so you never feel the heating panels. Even though the heating panels are a touch smaller than our power sports line, they are strategically placed through the garment to keep your core warm.
Fun fact: did you know that there are more than 3,000 threads of carbon fiber in the above photo?
Our heated panels are durable enough to roll and throw around with compromising heat transfer.
We are proud to announce and premiere our first ever video advertisement!
Please take a look and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Battery Connection for Lithium-Ion Battery
One of the most common questions we hear is how to properly care for the batteries supplied with our clothing. So here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your Lithium-Ion Batteries: our clothing. So here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your Lithium-Ion Batteries:
- The Lithium-Ion Battery should be fully charged for the first use
- Once turned on, keep the battery in its designated pocket for protection and warmth
- In below freezing temperatures, turn on your battery before going outside
- The battery stops discharging power at -20F and since the battery will already be running, thus it will naturally keep warm
- Charge the battery at least once every three months
- Keep the battery fully charged when not in use
- Store batteries at room temperature, in a cool, dry place
All batteries eventually wear out over time which is why it is important to get the most out of each one. Lithium-Ion batteries typically decrease capacity by around 10% each year while having a good service life of 2-3 years. VentureHeat’s Lithium Ion Batteries typically last up to 500 charges so even though they last a long time, the more TLC you give the battery, the longer life they can have. If you have any tips, please share them with us in the comment section! To learn more about extending the life of the battery here: http://www.ventureheat.com/blog/2012/12/05/extend-the-life-of-lithium-ion-batteries/